APS BOLARUM PROMOTIONAL RULES
- student getting E1 or E2 grade in scholastic areas in one are more subjects will have to improve his /her performance in one subsequent attempt to obtain qualifying Grade D in these subject.
- If a student fails to obtain qualifying Grade D in one or more subjects, even after adding Grade points from co-scholastic areas and after availing one improvement chance, he/she will be required to repeat the same class during next academic year.
- It is mandatory to appear in both summative assessments during the academic year.
- After summative assessment II in class IX, a student will get one more chance for improvement to obtain a qualifying Grade D. This is also applicable to those students who are not able to appear in summative assessment due sickness.
- This chance may be provided preferably with in a time of one month from time declaration of final result as per the school convenience.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has come up with new guidelines for students. It is now mandatory for a class IX student of CBSE board to score a minimum of 25% marks in summative assessments (SA) in order to qualify to be promoted to the next class. This means that now a student will have to obtain a minimum of 15% marks out of 60 in both SA-I and SA-II
ASSIGNING WEIGHTAGE TO CO-SCHOLASTIC AREAS FOR PROMOTION PURPOSE
- Under scholastic area grades will be upgraded to the next higher grade in one or two subjects as per the total grade points achieved under Co-Scholastic areas & Co-scholastic activities.
- 53 to 65 Grade in two subjects of scholastic activities.
- 40 to 52 Grade in one subjects of scholastic area is upgraded.
- Up gradation is done from lower grade to higher grade.
- The upgraded scale will be shown with a star mark.
- The final assessment of the student for promotion will be based on his/her total achievement out of maximum of 100 marks in each subject as given under:-
A) 25% of Unit test Aggregate
B) 25% of Half-yearly Examination
C) 50% Of Annual examination
- In Class XI, a student has to pass separately in theory and practical.
- Non-Practical subjects:
A student will have to secure overall 33% to be promoted to the next higher class. Thus, each student shall need to obtain at least 33 marks out of 100 and 23 out of 70 for science theory/subject with practical examination subject with practical.
SUPPLEMENTARY FOR CLASS XI
- If a student secured less than 33% in one or two subjects, she/he will be eligible to take supplementary examination in those subjects.
- If a student fails in theory only, she/he will take supplementary examination in theory alone and needs to secure 33% marks to be
eligible for promotion to the next class in supplementary exami8nation. Similarly, if a student fails in practical alone, he/she will take supplementary examination in practical alone and needs secure 33% to be eligible for promotion to the next class in supplementary exami8nation.
- A student who fails twice in the same class shall not be admitted under circumstances.
- There will be no awarding of comparative position/rank in section/class based on aggregate marks.